JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for timely seed sampling, sample submissions, setting up quality test records, and sample distribution. This position will ensure earliest possible new crop release and packaging of salable inventory. This position is expected to perform selection and sampling of germination update tests in accordance to the Federal Seed Act and other state or international regulations. Assist with sampling for international seed certificates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Review appropriate documentation to determine required samples and submission
- Perform sample submissions on current database system, updating work order operations, printing of labels for test samples and other sample envelopes, seed sampling and sample preparation.
- Perform cyclic germination update selection, cyclic germination sampling, and labeling of germination update samples after submission.
- Organization, record keeping and shipment of samples to third party testing laboratories.
- Distribution of quality testing samples to other Sakata subsidiaries and as requested for pre-shipment by other customers.
- Maintain accurate records of sample distribution
- Close communication with the Supply Chain staff for problem solving of identified issues.
- Work closely with Operations teams in Milling, Inventory and QA to establish priorities and to ensure a timely smooth transfer of information to all departments.
- Assist in documenting sampling matrix and procedures for this position.
- Assist with maintaining database material and sample plan tables as required.
- Some overtime and weekend work may be required.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Must have manual dexterity and good number aptitude, with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to do routine and repetitious work
- Must be able to learn and accurately use Sakata computer system procedures.
- Must have general knowledge of Excel and ability to create spreadsheets.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have ability to interface effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Must be highly self-motivated and have strong reasoning/problem solving abilities.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and multi-task.
- Must be able to obtain forklift certification and maintain safe fork-lift operation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain International Seed Testing Association Sampler accreditation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time (up to 70%).
- Must be able to work with pesticides and other agricultural chemicals, laboratory chemicals and other potentially irritating substances.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb and descend step ladders.
- Must be able to lift bags of seed up to 70 pounds.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when necessary and/or required (for example, but not limited to: coveralls, respirators, protective gloves, safety glasses.)
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.