JOB SUMMARY: Directs and coordinates the administrative and operational activities of the SMX Culiacan facilities, in line with Sakata America Holding Co Inc. (SAH) regional strategies and organizational structures to achieve defined business objectives. Directs and supervises all Culiacan staff to; a). ensure adherence to local and regional policies and operating requirements; b). ensure cooperation and alignment of local managers with regional managers in the functions of sales/PD, supply chain (seed production), Research and Development, and administration (IT, HR, Security, Finance). The position reports administratively to SMX General Manager and functionally to SAH regional function heads.
- Coordinate with SAH regional functional managers in oversight of day-to-day Culiacan operational activities and outcomes in the functions of marketing, sales, product development, seed production, facilities and office management, safety, security, personnel.
- Provides ‘hands on’ leadership for site staff.
SUPERVISION OF DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
- Provide vision and leadership to the Culiacan employees, guide performance of staff via relevant key performance indicators, targets, and goal settings as appropriate.
- Support recruitment and training of staff in coordination with SAH regional functional managers to implement business plan.
- Oversee project management at site and timeline management.
- Coordinate with regional functional managers to develop performance objectives and align company policies and procedures as practicable.
- Support regional functional managers to complete annual performance reviews for relevant Culiacan staff.
- Respond to issues raised by Culiacan staff and/or regional managers quickly and professionally.
- Facilitate and strengthen Culiacan operations/infrastructure by nurturing ideas, supporting creative endeavors and fostering employee advancement, training and development. Works directly with staff at field level.
- Responsible for site capital resource management/maintenance including vehicles, equipment, buildings within capital budget approved by the regional functional managers and SMX General Manager.
- Accountable to secure, preserve and maintain company assets, including facilities, equipment, cash, etc.
- Support audits and business reviews as directed by SMX General Manager.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Ensure the legal compliance and ethical integrity of Culiacan staff; strongly support SAH Code of Conduct to all employees, external agents and vendors of Sakata.
- Promote professional behavior by all employees.
- Ensure that human resource policies and practices are consistent with and supportive of the Mission of SAH and are in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Direct employee relations activities and provide consultation to both management and staff on issues related to supervision, morale, diversity, dispute resolution, discipline, employee communications, equal opportunity, discrimination and other pertinent HR issues.
- Direct and coordinate the Culiacan operations training function, including recommending management training programs.
- Direct and approve the recruiting and selection of candidates to fill vacant employment opportunities. Participate in interviewing of management candidates.
- Direct the management of Culiacan site safety and security programs.
- Issue and support all corporate communications to ensure employees are informed and receiving feedback.
- Address management and staff performance problems quickly and professionally.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to successfully manage within a matrix structure; especially providing support for integrated functional management at regional level, while providing daily operational/administrative leadership at local level.
- Ability to act within the scope of authority and consistent with SAH objectives, guidelines, policies and practices.
- Ability to maintain positive employee relations and encourage high morale and loyalty among subordinates, while conveying strong support of SMX and SAH policies, plans and strategies.
- Act as an innovative leader with personal integrity, sound professional reputation, a collaborative management style and the judgment and ability to make independent decisions.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in Spanish and English; be able to speak succinctly and positively to staff and management.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to diplomatically prioritize sometimes conflicting demands and interests.
Education and Experience:
- Substantial management/supervisory experience in agricultural operations, proven leadership capability and demonstrated success in a facilities operations management role preferably within the seed or agriculture industry required.
- A minimum of 10 years management experience in agricultural operations required.
- Affiliations with successful seed companies and trade organizations preferred.
- S. or B.A. degree or equivalent experience in business, sales, marketing, agriculture or related discipline, or extensive functional and management experience and expertise required.
- B.A., M.A., or M.S. in related discipline desirable.
To apply, send resume (in English) to HR@sakata.com.